Cuilidh special edition
A special edition box set of Julie Fowlis' best-selling Gaelic album Cuilidh, including a DVD disc of live performance and interviews, and a bonus CD with Julie's Gaelic version of the Beatles song Blackbird, and with live tracks from her Celtic Connections performance in 2008.
Julie Fowlis burst onto the wider music scene in 2006, when she became the first ever Scottish Gaelic singer to win a prestigious BBC Radio 2 Folk Award. Since winning the Horizon Award for best newcomer, she has won the hearts of audiences around the globe, played every major festival in Britain, showcased in Texas and New York, and is in constant demand as a performer of Gaelic music.
The songs she was brought up with in the Hebrides can now be heard just as regularly on more mainstream BBC Radio and other stations throughout the world as they can be at home on Gaelic radio. This was shown in her groundbreaking nomination just 8 months later for Folk Singer of the Year 2007 at the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards.
Her natural charm, humour and animated story telling have become almost as appealing as her heart-melting vocals. Bringing centuries-old songs from the windswept islands of the Hebrides to a modern audience, Julie remains steadfastly true to her roots in North Uist.
If you havenít heard her before, be prepared to be surprised by her music and her breathtaking vocal power. This is true Gaelic music - come have a listen.
1) Hug air a' Bhonald Mhoir
2) Mo Ghruagach Dhonn
3) An t-Aparan Goirid 's an t-Aparan Ur - Oran do Sheasaidh Bhaile Raghnaill
4) 'Ille Dhuinn, 'S Tooigh Leam Thu
'S Toigh Leam Fhin Buntata 's Im - Tha Fionnlagh ag Innearadh - Hug Oiridh Hiridh Hairidh
6) Jigs: The Thatcher - Peter Byrne's - The Tripper's
7) Mo Dhomhnallan Fhein
8) Turas san Lochmor
9) Oran nan Raiders
10) Bodaich Odhar Hoghaigearraidh
11) Mo Bheannachd dhan Bhaillidh Ur
12) Aoidh, Na Dean Cadal Idir
1) Lon-dubh (The Blackbird)
2) Oganaich Uir a rinn m' fhagail
3) Mo Bheannachd dhan Bhaillidh Ur
4) Turas san Lochmor.
5) The Thatcher - Peter Byrne's - The Soup Dragon - Mo chuachag 's laghach thu.
6) Biodh an deoch seo 'n laimh mo ruin.
A Short Film about Julie.
Bonus Video Track: Hug air a' bhonaid mhoir.