The 69 Traditional Irish Tunes on this CD are arranged in sets with introductions by Seamus Creagh.
Each tune is played twice, the first time it is played plainly and the second time ornamentation is added.
The tunes are played slowly but not too slowly and they never loose Seamus’ wonderful lift.
It is unique in that it is a purely auditory tutorial of a compilation of sets with introductions naming the tunes, which are
played by a renowned fiddle player at a learnable and listenable pace.
This CD demonstrates that the oral tradition of passing on tunes is ongoing in Irish Traditional Music. The generous passing on of the tradition is still very much alive and it is not and was not just the passing of tunes from father to son but from musician to anyone who truly wants to learn.
“This unique CD by the well-know traditional fiddler, Seamus Creagh, will prove a real boon for anyone trying to increase his or her repertoire of real Irish Tunes” Tomás Ó Cannain.
2. Kerry Polka, Maggie in the Wood polkas
3. Brosna, Dan O’Keeffe’s slides
4. Hugh Travers’, Miller of Glanmire jigs
5. Merry Blacksmith, Maid Behind the Bar reels
6. Cork Hornpipe, Boys of Bluehill hornpipes
7. Tatter Jack Walsh, Jug of Brown Ale jigs
8. Jessica’s, A Finnish Polka, Unknown polkas
9. Job of Journeywork set dance
10. Golden Keyboard, Finbarr Dwyer’s reels
11. Old Grey Goose jig
12. Cuckoo's Nest, Walsh's hornpipes
13. Aut O'Keeffe's/Cus Teehan’s, Going to the Well for Water slides
14. Farewell to Whiskey, The Dark Girl polkas
15. Henry Mac Dermot Roe O’Carolan
16. Crossing the Shannon, Dunmore Lasses reels
17. Jerry’s Beaver Hat, Lilting Fisherman jigs
18. Teetotaller, Ships are Sailing reels
2. Ballydesmond Polkas 1 & 2 polkas
3. Micko Russell’s, Eibhlin Ni Riordáin slides
4. Eel in the Sink, Glen of Aherlow reels
5. Kilfenora jig
6. Galtee Rangers, O’Keeffe’s/Gleanntán, O’Callaghan’s reels
7. The Woodcock, The Kerfunten jigs
8. The Lonesome Polkas polkas
9. Banks of the Illen, Tom Billy’s reels
10. An Luradán, Sean Ryan’s jigs
11. Plains of Boyle, Dinny O’Brien’s hornpipes
12. Two versions of Toss the Feathers reels
13. Blackbird set dance
14. The Priest, Mary Willy's slides
15. Miss McLeod’s, Sligo Maid reels
16. Tom Billy’s jigs
17. Baker’s Well, Seamus Cussen’s polkas
18. Gallagher’s Frolics, Idle Road jigs
19. Paddy Taylor’s, John O’Mahony’s jigs
20. Matt Molloy’s, Tommy Peoples reels